Helijet is pleased to participate in the Helicopter Association International (HAI) COVID CLEAN program by taking the COVID CLEAN Pledge:
Therefore, we pledge to:
- Meet or exceed any applicable federal, state, or municipal regulation introduced to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases.
- Disinfect our aircraft, according to manufacturer recommendations, between every flight.
- Conduct a deeper cleaning of our aircraft every night, according to manufacturer recommendations, or as often as necessary.
- Continuously clean or disinfect our waiting area, our counters, our restrooms, and any other publicly accessible area of our facilities.
- Require our flight and ground crews to use masks and gloves as recommended by Transportation Canada, local public health officials and/or the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Avoid transporting anyone who is visibly ill during our check-in process.
- Recommend the use of masks and gloves to our passengers, making these personal protective equipment (PPE) items available to those who need them.
As a helicopter operator, we affirm that our highest priority is the safety of our customers, our crew, and the public. We are committed to ensuring that our passengers are protected in every possible manner.
To meet, and exceed these goals, Helijet implemented the following protocols:
- Limiting the maximum number of passengers on flights to increase the distance between travellers.
- As mandated by Transport Canada, passengers must have a non-medical mask or face-covering to wear for the duration of the flight; face-coverings are also
recommended within the terminal & boarding procedure where physical distance is not possible.
- Limiting the number of customers within the terminal & reducing flight capacity to allow for more distance between passengers.
- Asking guests who may be feeling unwell, to not enter the terminal and refrain from travelling.
- If you recently travelled outside of the country, within 14 days, we ask you to reschedule your trip as we may not be able to board you on your flight.
- Passengers lining up for check-in are asked to respect one another’s personal space and practice social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all travelers and staff at all locations within our check-in terminals.
- Plexiglass shields are in place at check-in counters to protect travellers and staff.
- Deeper cleaning of our guest terminal facilities, washroom facilities and offices, on a frequent basis.
- Complimentary food and beverage areas have been realigned to offer only pre-packaged food goods.
- Ensuring consistent and proper hand-washing by all of our employees.
- Sanitizing inside every aircraft as part of our grooming, immediately before and/or after every flight to disinfect high touch areas within the cabin and cockpit.
- Providing a detailed disinfection regime for all aircraft at the end of every day, to ensure no contaminants remain for passengers who board the aircraft next.