UPDATED OCTOBER 1, 2022: Guidance for boarding a flight
Please note, measures could change again in the future so please visit travel.gc.ca before your next flight for the latest information about Transport Canada travel requirements..
To help ensure your health and safety is of foremost importance, Helijet continues to follow these procedures and protocols for all travellers:
- If you are feeling unwell, you are asked to stay home and rebook your trip for a time when you are verified symptom-free by a doctor.
- MASKS: As of October 1, 2022, Transport Canada has lifted the mandatory mask requirement, but masks are strongly recommended, especially onboard your flight, to prevent the inadvertent spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
- Disinfecting our aircraft, and shuttle vans, according to manufacturer recommendations, between every flight or drive.
- Conducting a detailed disinfection regime for all aircraft at the end of every day, to ensure no contaminants remain for passengers who board the aircraft next.
- Continuously cleaning or disinfecting of our waiting area, our counters, our restrooms, and any other publicly accessible area and high touch-points of our facilities.
- Ensuring consistent and proper hand-washing by all of our employees.
- We welcome guests to enjoy our complimentary food and beverage, which continues to offer more pre-packaged food goods, Nespresso coffee, tea, juice and water, local beer & wine (restrictions apply).
If you have questions about any of the above Helijet or Transport Canada procedures and protocols please ask one of our agents in terminal or by phone at 1.800.665.4354 or email
As always, Helijet continues meet or exceed by applying safety and public health protocols learned while following the guidelines of the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) SafeTravels program, the Helicopter Association International (HAI) COVID Clean pledge, and from our Agents having taken the Province of BC’s BSAFE Training program to ensure that we maintain the trusted customer service that our travellers and colleagues expect from Helijet for a worry-free journey.
In following these program guidelines, and those mandated by Transport Canada, and other government partners, we pledge to meet or exceed any applicable federal, provincial, or municipal regulations introduced to protect the health and safety of our guests.