Helijet is seeking a new team member to take on the role of the Advisor, Occupational Health and Safety (OSH).
If that’s you, read the outline below for details on the position and how to apply for the role.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team, soon.
Reporting to the Director, Safety & Security the Advisor, Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) is responsible for managing and supporting all aspects of Helijet’s Occupational Health and Safety programs. They ensure that all safety standards and practices meet regulatory and corporate requirements. The Advisor, OHS provides day-to-day support, leadership and coordination of safety requirements to the management team, supervisors, and workers. They achieve their goals through direct engagement with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to foster a culture of support, proactivity, accountability, and commitment.
This is an occupational health and safety position. An incumbent of this class provides advice and expertise to supervisors and leaders to develop, implement and maintain safe work practices and procedures in their operational areas and locations. The work entails conducting workplace hazard identification and risk assessments, with a strong focus on safety promotion and training. This is a hands-on position to assist all areas of the Company to comply with safe work practices and to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements. Work is performed under general supervision and is reviewed in terms of conformance with sound practices and effectiveness of services rendered.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a recognized two-year diploma program in Occupational Health and Safety or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working towards Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) Designation (or eligible to apply).
- Experience in safety program development, implementation and monitoring.
- Experience in a Federally regulated industry such as aviation, marine, or railway work.
- Experience in claims management and successful return to work programs
- Considerable and current knowledge of the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, the Canada Labour Code Part II, WorkSafeBC regulations, other applicable regulations and industry best practices.
- Particular knowledge and experience with confined space entry, fall protection, emergency management, lockout protection, fit testing, provision of first aid and occupational hygiene.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts, to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and prepare and maintain accurate records, statistics and correspondence.
- Ability to assist the various departments with investigating incidents, developing and documenting plans of action to prevent incidents, training personnel in incident prevention, and promoting safety.
- Administration of Safety Committee, encourage and mentor employees to take an active safety role in their area of work.
- As a Federally regulated company, all employees must be double vaccinated and show proof of vaccination prior to being hired.
- A current and valid BC Driver’s Licence and a safe driving record are required.
- The licence must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities.
- Ability to gain a “Restricted Area Identity Card” for YVR Airport.
- Some overnight or same day travel to company bases will be required.
- An excellent command of English both orally and in writing is required.
Closing Date: April 08, 2022
Location: Helijet International Inc, Corporate Head Office, Richmond BC
Status: Permanent, Full-Time, 40 hours / week
Remuneration: Monthly Salary commensurate with experience + health benefits plan + flight privileges
Helijet is an equal opportunity employer
Apply with Resume & Cover Letter to:
Helijet International Inc.
5911 Airport Road South
Richmond, BC V7B 1B5
Please – No Phone Calls