IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO OUR TRAVELLING GUESTS REGARDING TRAVEL IN THE COVID-19 ERA
At Helijet, your safe and secure air travel remains our priority and focus.
With the increasing global spread of the COVID-19 virus, we want to inform you that we at Helijet take our responsibility to you in this crisis seriously, and have elevated our existing sanitizing processes and procedures even further, including, but not limited to*:
- Limiting the maximum number of passengers in all aircraft to six, instead of the usual 12, to increase the distance between travellers.
- Sanitizing aircraft cabins before each flight, as well as disinfecting high touch areas within the cabin and cockpit.
- Providing a detailed disinfection regime for all aircraft at the end of every day, to ensure no contaminants remain for passengers who board the aircraft next.
- Making hand sanitizer available to all travellers and staff at each terminal.
- Deeper cleaning of terminal facilities, washrooms and offices on a more frequent basis.
- Adding plexiglass shields at check-in counters to protect travellers and staff.
- Complimentary food and beverage service at terminals has changed to offer only grab-and-go pre-packaged foods and beverages.
Helijet is working collaboratively with organizations including the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), the BC Ministry of Health and Transport Canada to ensure we are meeting – or exceeding – current best practice to keep our valued customers and staff safe.
We also encourage everyone in our family of passengers to follow the hygiene advice we’ve all heard from the health authorities including;
- washing your hands regularly,
- avoiding touching your face,
- coughing or sneezing into your elbow,
- avoiding contact with anyone likely to be sick,
- staying at home if you become ill,
- maintaining a 2 meter distance between yourself and others,
- wearing a non-medical mask or face-covering when social distancing is not possible.
With the risk of contracting the disease in BC still considered low, we are continuing to operate Helijet’s passenger flights on all our scheduled routes, while monitoring and adjusting schedules to meet demand, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.
In adherence with Government of Canada COVID-19 travel restrictions, prior to being allowed to board their flight, all passengers will be subject to a Health Check – specific questions relating to any symptoms you may have, and whether you are subject to a mandatory Public Health quarantine. Helijet will not be able to board you on a flight if you are displaying symptoms or under quarantine.
Transport Canada also requires all air passengers to have a removable, non-medical mask or face covering to cover their mouth and nose during travel. At check-in, passengers on all flights will be required to demonstrate they have the necessary non-medical mask or face covering to be worn for the duration of the flight, otherwise they could be denied boarding onto the aircraft.
We strongly believe that with these measures, and by working together as a community, we can overcome this health emergency.
Thank you for your cooperation and patronage.
President & CEO, Helijet International Inc.
For a pdf version of original March 2020 message, please click
*updated list May 19, 2020