Receiving the 2015 BCAC Environmental Award in Aviation in recognition of our noise mitigation practices is a tribute to our operations and engineering teams who work behind the scenes to ensure we contribute as little noise pollution to those communities we travel past on our routes between Victoria and Vancouver and Nanaimo.
We congratulation and applaud the other recipients of 2015 Silver Wing Awards.
The complete list of winners included;
Entrepreneur of the Year in Aviation: Wayne Coulson, President and CEO of Coulson Aircrane Ltd., for showing creative leadership, delivering innovative product development, and creating new markets, cost saving solutions and revenue streams to advance aviation in British Columbia.
- BCAC Environmental Award in Aviation: Danny Sitnam and Helijet, for demonstrating consistent and responsible noise management practices and remaining proactive in enhancement and protection of the environment through proactive route planning.
- Back and Bevington Air Safety Award: Bill Yearwood, Regional Manager, Pacific Region, Transportation Safety Board of Canada, for his long standing and significant contributions to Air Safety in all aspects of aviation within the Province of British Columbia.
- Robert S. Day Award: Gerry Bruno, VP of Federal Government Affairs, Vancouver Airport Authority, for his outstanding contribution and leadership in multiple organizations and for the promotion and development of new aviation markets and innovative passenger solutions in British Columbia.
- William Templeton Award: Kelowna International Airport, for commitment to growth and achievement in the continuous and successful development of new markets and through a multi-year $55.6M capital plan.
- Lifetime Achievement: Barry Marsden, President & CEO, Conair Group, for his globally recognized leadership in the development of aerial fire control aircraft, innovative leadership and actions contributing significantly to the development of British Columbia’s aviation and aerospace industry.
- Lifetime Achievement: James N. Rogers, President of Flair Airlines, for outstanding leadership, commitment, promotion and consistent contribution to the continuous development of aviation in British Columbia.
ABOUT THE BRITISH COLUMBIA AVIATION COUNCIL
The British Columbia Aviation Council, established in 1938, is a member-driven organization that represents and promotes the shared interests of the aviation community. It is a charitable society established under the Society Act and annually awards nearly $20,000 in scholarships to students pursuing careers in aviation and aerospace. Our vision is an aviation and aerospace industry that is visible, connected, and thriving.
ABOUT THE BCAC’S SILVER WINGS AWARDS
The annual awards event is the highlight of the Council’s activities. This year, the awards will take place on October 20 at the Vancouver Convention Centre West between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tickets and sponsorship opportunities are still available at www.bcaviationcouncil.org