Tourism Industry Stand-by / Space-Available Travel Guidelines
We are happy to welcome aboard our industry colleagues who qualify for stand-by travel but ask that you please consider the following guidelines before beginning your stand-by travel;
- Prior to travel it is advisable to visit helijet.com and look at flights schedules and availability of seats online or contact Helijet Reservations at 1-800-665-4354, identifying yourself as traveling space-available, to check on availability for desired flights. It is suggested to have an alternate plan for return travel as flights may sell out with short notice.
- Please have your Tourism Privilege Pass, original authorization form or required industry identification available to present to the Helijet check-in agent. If the authorization is waiting for you at the terminal it will be under your name, please advise the agent of your stand-by status when approaching the counter.
- Check-in is required at least 30 min. prior to flight time for Vancouver-Victoria or Vancouver-Nanaimo routes.
- All Passengers MUST have valid government issued photo identification (Driver’s License, Passport, Govt ID) available for presentation at check in. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure they carry correct documentation for both the destination and the return flights.
- If a terminal is unable to board you, please accept the fact without comment. If your seat is needed due to a late arriving passenger after boarding or if you are asked to deplane at an enroute stop, please do so quietly and promptly.
- Please do not discuss your fare or travel privileges around other passengers.
- Dress Code: A neat, well groomed, smart-casual appearance is requested on all flights. Unacceptable attire includes but is not limited to; sports apparel (track suits, sweatshirts), T-shirts, athletic shorts or cut-offs (walking shorts are OK in summer), ball caps, bucket hats, runners/flip flops/sports sandals.
Helijet reserves the right to deny boarding of any passenger